I just love class
jobs! The students love to be the
leaders of the class and I get a little extra help in the classroom! I work at a Leader in Me school where
we teach and practice the 7 Habits of Happy Kids. This year, we are trying to implement class jobs where
EVERYONE is a leader. I love
having leaders in my class and decided that part of being a leader was/is actually being involved in the process! My 2nd
grade cuties came up with these jobs.
They were so excited to have a say and it makes their jobs feel less
like a chore. I did encourage some of these jobs but, for the most part, it was all
them!
After coming up with the jobs, I had the students fill out a Leadership Application. I was surprised that I only had to give one student in the class their second choice! All of them had great explanations of why they wanted to do a certain job and their personalities all came through. My favorite, unforgettable, number one reason as to why this student would make a good 'Habit Catcher': "I have the sight of see and am everywhere". Had to give him the job :).
Check out this FREEBIE for the cute job labels!
Get the FREE Leader Application {HERE}!


No comments:
Post a Comment