Image Map

Blogger Newbie

Thursday, September 4, 2014

I am only 23 but call me old fashion for thinking the blogging world is too 'techy' for me.  I still enjoy a handwritten letter, writing checks, and keeping my grade book on paper.  I also love James Dean and Elvis Presley movies.  Was I born in the wrong decade?  Despite my reservations about the World Wide Web, I am excited and anxious to begin my journey of blogging.  I have been following some of my favorites in the teaching world and am amazed at the community that has been created through blogs, TpT, Pinterest, Facebook, etc.  I feel it is time for me to join the frontier because I want to absorb every bit of advice I can from fellow teachers.  I am excited to share my own ideas and gain feedback from much more experienced and blossomed teachers.  I also hope that I may be able to inspire and support other new teachers to keep on trekking.
I began teaching as an intern.  If you want to make a splash into teaching, be a student teacher.  If you want to take the plunge and try to hold your head above water while treading water with hundreds of resource books, textbooks, teaching manuals, planning guides, expectations, evaluations.... well, let's just say there are no words to describe being an intern.  Needless to say, I am extremely grateful I was given the opportunity to do so.  There were times I would doubt if teaching was the profession for me but then my good colleague and fellow intern would bring me chocolate and a hug.  It made a world of difference to have that support and never-ending encouragement.  Long story short, that is what has inspired to me to blog.  I have an amazing support from my colleagues alone but am grateful for those faithful bloggers who have supported me in ways they will never know!  Their resources, wisdom, and witty advice helps pull me through the tough times and excites me for the times ahead.      

No comments:

Post a Comment